I talked about Yet Another "ASP.NET MVC 3 vs. Ruby on Rails 3" in Lightning talks #1. Please check video above and slide below.
N.B. These summaries may be imprecise.
- Thread Group
- by Hidetoshi Nagai
- Ruby ThreadGroup in current
- There is no hierarchies between any ThreadGroups
- On running, we can change a ThreadGroup that thread belongs to.
- Points to improve
- There is no API for manipulate threads as group
- Make its API
- ACL between any ThreadGroups
- New state : dominate
- Refine Thread Queue
- Most controversial improvement : local space
- Enclosed environment for ThreadGroups
- We must improve ThreadGroups more, in C operation level
- And we must do it as Ruby-core improvement
- JIS X 3017
- by Shugo Maeda
- I speak how to read JIS X 3017
- If you want to hear about JIS process, please attend to RubyWorld conference!
- JIS X 3017 is free for reading only. To download needs to pay.
- What content is JIS X 3017?
- scope of standardization
- Another standardizations that this standardization quotes
- adoption levels of standardization
- basic concept
- environment for execution
- defining a interpreter in ideal
- specification of implementation
- Some spesifications have been left deliberately vague.
- I guess, Matz never read JIS X 3017.
- Java in Ruby: Scripting Java in Ruby
- By Koichiro Ooba
- By Thomas E. Enebo
- JRuby can use Java's GC
- JRuby can use Java's thread system
- A tons of demo for using Java from Ruby
- Tips for using Java from Ruby
- require 'java'
- require '*.jar'
- java_import JavaClass
- Java's interface === Ruby' module
- We can make a Ruby class inherited from Java class
- We can rewrite Java class as like Ruby's open class
- Advancing Net::HTTP
- By Yehuda Katz
- Net::HTTP, no matter what anyone says
- There are separated constructors for Net::HTTP(host and port) and URI(uri)
- It's sensible because Ruby deals resouces as block method
- It's useful for Keep-alaive
- Why am I Involved in Net::HTTP development?
- Rails meets Rack
- In rack, we make threads separate, thread for request and thread for response.
- Problem occures when http.get
- caused in transport_request
- I make Net::HTTP2
- Improve the issu above
- We can make reactor pattern for general purpose
- I make also Net2::Reacotr
- diffrences between this NonblockingIO and Ruby standard IO
- In my opinion, it's useful if both Ruby standard IO and NonblockingIO are in same usability
- The Gate
- By Shintaro kakutani
- It's the emortional session hard to write in any letters
- Lightning Talks #1
And I don't translate Q&As in the article because these are the gift for attendees in there.
YetAnotherMVC3vsRails3.pdf (Almostly written in Japanese)