Last night, Debug Hacks Conference 2009 was held at Jimbou-chou, Tokyo. The agenda was as follows:
- Debug with strace by Mr.Yamato
- Debug with rpm options by Mr.Ooiwa
- Debug with and without debuginfo by Mr.Abe
- Debug for fault in malloc and free by Mr.Shimamoto
- Troubleshooting Hacks by Mr.Yoshida
Part 2 : Yugui(Ruby 1.9.x release manager)'s case study
- Log is important to reproduce a bug for debug
- Debug for Rails app ... BDD, Design by Contract, etc.
- Debug for Ruby Language ... assertion, debug.c, etc.
- Debug around the thread ... try and error
Q & A was done in every sessions. And the content of book is introduced by Hiro Yoshioka himself at Someday Join Us: Debug Hacks.
At the end of conference, Hiro Yoshioka said "Please write your own debug hacks on your blog". So I write ... correctly, had wrote try and errors about QtRuby build process already(#1, #2, #3). And I will write some debugs if it occurs ... undoubtedly occurs!