Friday, August 28, 2009

Prepare to install Chromium for Linux x86_64 on openSUSE

1 week ago, Google announced Chromium had been ready for Linux x86_64. I learned in this article. So I started to install Chromium (Google Chrome for POSIX) on my openSUSE 11.1 x86_64. But, this was a very long way. So I decide to divide a post in two: "prepare to install" and "install". This entry is about prepare to install.

First, read documentations for downloading chromium and for building. Below 3 documents are useful.
Second, install the missing packages. If your Desktop environment is GNOME and if you install all major header files, don't worry about it. But if not - me the KDE user - some header files and packages are missing. For example, I add these packages and there dependencies: ccache, gpref, flex, bison, gtk2-devel, mozilla-nss-devel and gconf2-devel.

And last preparation, create installation root directory. For this time, I created /opt/chromium directory.
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment